Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Veganomican

So I've managed to keep my food obsessions clear off HUNT YO for a while, but I think it is about time I break down and at least speak about food a little bit. Now for the record, I'm not a vegan. I'm not a vegetarian for that case either, but vegan/atarian dishes are what I most often cook/eat/throw during food fights. (I will however, never restrict myself from eating all the chicken wings and dad's BBQ I want when I visit Buffalo.)

So with that, please let me introduce Vegan author Isa Chandra. Defintaley one of my favorite cookbook authors ever. I bought her book Vegan With a Vengeance many a years ago when I was a wee college student. Her newest book Veganomican actually came out last year in October leaving me way behind in the cookbook world. But I am repeating word on the street that this one is better than the last. And the last featured my all time favorite cookies on the planet: "Big Gigantoid Crunchy Peanut Butter-Oatmeal Cookies"(Scroll to bottom for recipe!)

So let's all buy this and have potluck dinners and brunches and compare recipes between books. Down?



Cornmeal-Masala Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Spiced Yogurt Sauce

Butternut Squash and Pumpkin Seed Rice Paper Rolls

Jelly Doughnut Cupcakes

No comments: